Google, which was founded by Sergey Brin and Larry Page in September 4, 1998, is one of the most popular websites in the world. It is a web search engine that lets More »
The last Google Toolbar PageRank update was 11 months and 18 days ago, almost a year ago, on December 6, 2013. Google’s John Mueller has told in a video hangout that there More »
New Delhi: December 21 is the shortest day of the year and the longest night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. The winter solstice usually occurs on either December 21 or December More »
Google is one of the most popular and most widely used search engines. Most of the marketing and seo updates campaigns run basically targeting the Google. Google has introduced and keeps introducing More »
Google, which was founded by Sergey Brin and Larry Page in September 4, 1998, is one of the most popular websites in the world. It is a web search engine that lets you find other sites on the web based on keyword searches. Google also provides many specialised searches through blogs, catalogs, videos, news items and more. Google has social networking tools, organisation tools, and chat tools, services for mobile devices, and even google branded merchandises are available. The icing on the cake is that most of the services that google provides are free of cost, although most of Google’s profit comes from Internet advertising revenue.
To brush up your knowledge more about Google, we present before you some interesting facts of which you might be unaware:
- Initially the founders of Google did not have an idea regarding using HTML and just wanted a quick interface. This is the main reason that makes the Google home page appear so bare .
- The First Tweet of Google was “I’m 01100110 01100101 01100101 01101100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101100 01110101 01100011 01101011 01111001 00001010″, which meant ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ in Binary.
- Initially the Google Search Engine was called Back Rub, when it was in testing Mode. After that it was renamed as Googol that meant one followed by hundred zeroes. But Google’s founders got the word Google accidentally, as a spelling mistake.
- You’d be surprised to know that the “I’m Feeling Lucky” button, which appears quite alluring to press and takes users directly to the first result of their search, is nearly never used. However, it was found in surveys that removing it would somehow reduce the Google experience. It has been estimated to cost Google around $100 million in lost advertising revenue every year.
- Google believes that employees should not go out of 150 meters from the office for food so it provides various different varieties of cuisines to the employees inside the office.
- Employees are encouraged to use 20 per cent of their time working on their own projects. Google News, Orkut are both examples of projects that grew from this working model.
- The first Google Doodle was a stick man standing in the company logo and was an announcement that the founders were going to attend burning man in the year 1998. What started as a fun indulgence went on to become a creative obsession.
- Google’s toughest competitors are Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Mozilla.
The last Google Toolbar PageRank update was 11 months and 18 days ago, almost a year ago, on December 6, 2013. Google’s John Mueller has told in a video hangout that there probably won’t be PageRank updates in the future.
But now, John Mueller wrote it out in a Google Webmaster Help thread saying Google “have no plans to do further updates,” around PageRank. He even said webmasters and SEOs should stop using “PageRank or links as a metric” around their web sites.
Here is the full quote:
I wouldn’t use PageRank or links as a metric. We’ve last updated PageRank more than a year ago (as far as I recall) and have no plans to do further updates. Think about what you want users to do on your site, and consider an appropriate metric for that. http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.ch/2011/06/beyond-pagerank-graduating-to.html
And just a reminder, that toolbar PageRank refresh from about a year ago, was an accident. If that didn’t happen, it would have been almost 22 months since a toolbar PageRank update.
source : seroundtable.com
If you understand something worrying them in advance, laptop computers aren’t a bunch of issue. This short write-up could assist you learn what you should focus on situating a superb notebook computer and the best methods to utilize it. All that you have to do is proceed having a look at.
Internet has radically changed our lives in last some decades especially the way we seek things to accomplish our needs irrespective of the area of concern. But here in this blog we are going to talk about who changed the internet itself. Internet has seen many changes since the time it came into existence. So many people have worked and been working on different systems and services who are supposed to be the foundation of internet today. However, still there are a few people who have made some ultimate changes on internet making the life far more technical and effortless for us. For instance the way Google has made search easier and the way Facebook has revolutionized the social networking, one cannot comprehend in words how crucial they have become for us.
Let’s go ahead and know the names and contributions of the 10 people who have transfigured internet in a big way.
LARRY PAGE AND SERGEY BRIN – GOOGLE INC.
Larry Page and Sergey Brin who are American computer scientists and Internet entrepreneurs, co-founded Google, one of the most profitable Internet companies of the world, in the year 1996 and changed the way we search and use the Internet.
New Delhi: December 21 is the shortest day of the year and the longest night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. The winter solstice usually occurs on either December 21 or December 22.
During the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere the sun is the farthest south. The winter solstice occurs on June 21 or 22 in the Southern Hemisphere when the sun is the farthest north.
Google Doodles, Winter Solstice, Google Updates, Google News